Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yeah, but when I say constraint, I don't mean myself....

Image courtesy of phobus via Flickr


Boss: Hey, so can you briefly talk to the department about Duarte's principles of visual design.

Me: Oooohh... Excited, how, what, yayy!! I just talked to someone in student development about presentations and students and yay and fun...

Boss: we need something very brief; just cover the major points...if you can do that.

Me: it 's not my fault; I've been conditioned to speak for at least 4 hours at a time :)

Boss: Just talk about why visuals are so important and choosing the right visual to accompany your thoughts. If you go over, I will play instrumental music.

Me: Sure, like for an hour? (I teach at Full Sail, an hour is nothing to me. NOTHING!!!)

Boss: I was thinking 20 minutes

Me: hahahaha.....haaaa...lol. Okay, let me breathe for a second.

Boss: I was going to ask if you were breathing. Think of it as a pecha kucha.

Me: Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment