Friday, March 11, 2011

Make it a Krispy Kreme Burger

So, no, I was not accepted to the University of Washington's doctoral teaching and curriculum program. Should I be more upset? Probably. Am I upset? Not really. Perhaps it's just getting to an age where I realize life is a constant ebb and flow of triumph and disappointment, and instead of frantically swimming against this certainty, I've decided to move and flow with it, releasing myself to the ecstasy of not really knowing where this current will take me.
Sometimes life is like this, a complex swirly of dirty laundry.

Or, maybe it's because I still have a decent paying job doing something I kick butt at (despite daily frustration and consternation), a healthy and happy family, fascinating and caring friends, and all of my appendages, organs, and body parts intact (oh, yeah, did I also mention I have a kick ass sense of style)? As my cousin heads off to help tsunami victims, leaving a wife and child behind, I can't help but realize that the reason I am not upset is both of the above but even more importantly, it is faith that all falls into a place and pattern in its own time.
But, the rest of the time it's a Krispy Kreme burger.

In honor of said release to aforementioned ebb and flow, I give you Neil Pasricha, of 1000 Awesome Things and his TED talk, The 3 A's of Awesome:


Look for another draft of the WIP Tweak Your Slides workshop this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment